"Error executing child request for ChartImg.axd" message when displaying chart

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Hello,

I deployed the Poll Webpart and it displays correctly on the Sharepoint Page. I click the "Create Polls List" button, create my list and then back on the main page when I cast my vote I get an "Error executing child request for ChartImg.axd" message. The same happens when I click "Show Results". In addition, the whole web part customisation tab on the right hand side (when you select "Modify My Web Part") becomes unavailable for all of the web parts, not just the polling component, leaving only the "OK" "Cancel" and "Apply" buttons visible.

When I delete the poll webpart the above-mentioned customisation tab comes back straight away.

Basically the web parts works until I try to display a chart (with or without votes stored in the list)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Daniele

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:15 AM

i have the same issue in Windows 2008R2 x64 and  Sharepoint 2010 x64

"Error executing child request for ChartImg.axd" after clicking submit or show results.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I am having the same problems.  We are using MOSS 2007 with Windows Server 2003 I believe.  Can't figure out what's wrong.  Please help.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Add the following references to your web.config in their respective locations:

<SafeControls>
 <SafeControl Assembly="System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

<system.web>
 <httpHandlers>
  <add path="ChartImg.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" type="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler, System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />

<appSettings>
 <add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=file;timeout=60;">

<system.webServer>
 <handlers>
  <add name="ChartImageHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="ChartImg.axd" type="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler, System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />