Error at webpart!

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I have found your site with the free webparts! GREAT!!!!!

Then i installed the polling webpart with STSADM.EXE -o addsolution -filename ....

Next i initialization the solution, over central administration, for my site.

Everything works fine.

Then i add the webpart at one site. After that, I push the button "create polls list" -> get an error.

Webpartmaintance Site.

I look in my site, the list is created but not successfully, the list has only the Question column.

I created 4 columns, Option1, Option2, Response1 (Type: count), Response2 (Type:count)

I can see the Question at webpart, but i cant choose any options.

What is wrong, what did i wrong?

My MOSS 2007 Version incl. SP1, Germann language.

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2008 at 6:43 PM

My guess is that I have an english language reference somewhere hardcoded in my source. I'm going to look into this. If that's the case, hopefully you'll be able to toggle the locale to german and it would work fine. The code that creates the list is pretty standard sharepoint OM stuff, so I'm not sure how a different language might effect it. Let me know if you find anything...

Phil


wuwu wrote:

I have found your site with the free webparts! GREAT!!!!!

Then i installed the polling webpart with STSADM.EXE -o addsolution -filename ....

Next i initialization the solution, over central administration, for my site.

Everything works fine.

Then i add the webpart at one site. After that, I push the button "create polls list" -> get an error.

Webpartmaintance Site.

I look in my site, the list is created but not successfully, the list has only the Question column.

I created 4 columns, Option1, Option2, Response1 (Type: count), Response2 (Type:count)

I can see the Question at webpart, but i cant choose any options.

What is wrong, what did i wrong?

My MOSS 2007 Version incl. SP1, Germann language.




Jul 24, 2008 at 12:38 PM
I got the same problem as you, deployed teh webpart in MOSS 2007 with SP1, Portuguese - Portugal version.

Please upload a release which addresses the issue with languages other than English or a Language independent release.

Note: it will be great if you can provide options to customize the web part for Different languages.
Aug 25, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Hi Guyz !

i'm working with a FULL French release environnement (from OS to MOSS).
And i got the same error of you.

I think there is smthg hardcoded for english release, cuz i've tested it with a FULL US relaase, and that's working fine :)

If someone has already solved the problem, it would be nice to share the solution with us.

At begining i think that's the CLiD for the language, but that's sounds good to me.
Maybe an internal name matchnig with an internal US name like Title in english which is Titre in French. i've try to update this, but nothing really concluant...

Any other idea ?

Best Regards,
<Mickey/>
Aug 26, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Hi again guyz,

i've finally found the internal who's doesn't match:

.views["All Items"];

must be set at .views[0]; to show the first view.

and the other one is the name field for the question, in my case (French) Title must be set at Titre. :)


All the best,
Michael,
May 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Also doesnt work OOB with finnish, swedish, latvian, lithuanian, russian, german language pack based sites it seems.

I only tested 3 so far, but I guess I will be trying to circumvent the error.

Technically, in code, it is possible to access stuff like the default item list (document list) for pages etc programmatically, and I have had to do so in the past.

I will look into it tomorrow, and perhaps submit a more international friendly version.

 

Edit: and also, switching locale might be possible, but I really strongly recommend against it, as it will lead you down a dead-end path. Consider site template with provisioned page that has a single field with any non US characters[and no, I have no idea what that means either, I have been unable to determine what the character set or other limitation is]. I don't quite know why, but ä for instance will not render in the page layout when provisioned.... The provisioning process (as part of site creation based on template) will just drop it, and a page layout with field name "1ä2ä3ä" will be created as a page with field name="123". Which -> fail.